For the Alfredo sauce:
¼ cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan (I used a tad bit of the store bought, pre-grated parmesan just to save some money/time)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
(I cannot emphasize the difference using fresh ingredients makes. )
Shrimp (I used a large “raw” bag)
Oil or butter
Box of Fettuccine Pasta
- Boil the water for the Fettuccini
- Melt butter or simmer oil in a saucepan for the shrimp
- Add shrimp to the pan and sauté
- Melt butter in a separate medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in parsley, shrimp and pasta
- Personally, I topped with some more parsley to add a little color
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! You can also add chicken or not use meat. I also considered adding corn to it, really this is a basis for you to add what you want, to make it your own and favor your taste buds!
A meal like this can add to your night to make it a night to remember!