Lets be honest, whenever we go to the store, we always forget what we actually need! So here is a list that I have complied, of simple things that we could always use in our dorm that help you live a more healthy lifestyle.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Lemons (for water)
- Granola (I like Kind Brand)
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Brown Rice
- Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes
- Whole Grain pasta (and pasta sauce)
- Granola Bars (I also like Kind Brand)
- Chicken Breast
- Canned Tuna
- Deli Sliced Turkey
- Low-fat milk
- Greek Yogurt (Chobani is a favorite)
- Cheese (Cheese sticks are also good)
- Snap pea Crisps
- Trail Mix
- Seltzer Water (Personal Preference)
- Honey (Good for tea and Low-calorie Sweetener)
- Tea (I prefer Passion Tea)
- Soup (always on sale, all different types)
- Popcorn because you can’t not have popcorn.
I would suggest measuring out everything ahead of time by serving, that way you actually know what you are eating ahead of time, you also don’t have to waste extra money on buy all premeasured items. It also comes in handy when you are running short on time.
What do you buy at the food store?