So yesterday, the “what am I doing with my life”, “I don’t have time to do anything” and the “I need to get out” feeling hit me and when I say it hit me, it hit me hard. As my professor listed off all the things due in “one month” as he said and gave us a date that is less than one month away, I started to have a panic attack of, I can barely due what I have right now. So I went to my next class, had another anxiety attack and left the school immediately. I emailed my professors and got the f*** out of there! (note: I have never missed any of these classes before and I never skip classes, this was 100% necessary for me). So in case you pull a me, I want to help you because this was not easy and it still is not as I sit here typing this.
- Breathe. Escape the situation and breathe. This is one of the most important parts because sometimes taking deep breaths is the only thing to keep you from drowning.
- Do something you enjoy that will distract you. I went to Trader Joes and bought some food I needed and then went to the Starbucks I work at and talked to some of my favorite people! This was something I really needed.
- Sit down and be productive. I went home after my distraction and got some of my homework done. This is also a way for me to make up for missing class, but I wasn’t rushing or stressing over anything, I just sat down and did it, took some breaks and didn’t stress out over it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. This one is huge, sometimes you need to just vent, or get away, or even just a hug. Ask for someone because it will be okay and they can help make it okay. Sometimes knowing the right person to ask can be hard, but don’t ever go at things alone. That will only hurt you in the long run.
- Find a reason to smile. There is always a reason, whether you like it or not. One reason I love my Passion Planner is that every week their is a place for me to write the good things that happen every week.
I think a huge thing is that no matter how down you are, you have to remember that there is always up. You can always catch up and things will always get better! Take a breath and keep going. Remember, without air you will drown and you can’t move forward if all you do is tread water.